Waterskiing, tubing and wakeboarding are popular recreation activities at lakes where fuel-powered boating is permitted.
It is very important you follow these simple rules to ensure you play it safe when undertaking these activities.
Water skiing rules
- The vessel operator must be appropriately licensed.
- The boat is safe and capable of towing skiers.
- Travel in an anti-clockwise direction (unless otherwise signed).
- Have all the correct safety equipment, and know how to properly use it.
- Always check the area before towing a skier – lake levels are subject to change, and there may be submerged obstacles.
- Always carry an observer who is competent to watch the skier at all times.
For further information on waterskiing safety, please see Maritime Safety Queensland’s website.
Check the activity guide below to find out which Seqwater lakes allow water skiing.